Sunday, July 03, 2005

Well, here it is the second edition of Farm Living blog from Solon Iowa. I had quite a busy day today on the farm. It is Sunday, so the first thing I should talk about is going to Mass this morning, right? Well, no. I hate to say it but I actually over slept and it was too late when I woke up to get my but dressed and to church on time....so like any good Catholic, I skipped it. I promose, I will say some extra prayers next week.
So, I got up and did some of my usual chores around the house....Kurtis went off to work and then I made some Lemon Lush to take to Chuck's 4th of July party. Marsha (my sister) came over and we caught up on the news. She just got home from three weeks in jolly ole england.
About 5;00 went over to Chucks party....nice crowd and alot of good food. Chuck is a real mistro on the BBQ. Lots of experience doing catering for Rujica's food locker. Of course you have to listen to the constant serenade of dirty jokes and Solon red neck one liners from Chuck and all his Solon buddies.....lots of fun though.
Back home around 7 or so. Tummy full of good food. sitting on the couch, and updating this silly Blog...how cool is that.
Looks like its going to rain outside, that would sure be nice since my garden is looking very distressed from lack of rain.
Lets see, cant think of anything else too exciting, so will sign off for the evening.
Hope you are all having a nice fourth of July weekend.

Love MOM

2 comments:

Mrs Weidner said...

A second edition from you, and a 3rd edition from me.. yet the little slacker that started it all hasn't done anything since Friday!! See how she is??

Jessica said...

Im updating as I type. There are some good pictures of this weekend! Love you!