OK, here it is approximately 4 days since my last blog...I think enough has gone on in my life that maybe I can write a paragraph or two....I was not kidding when I said I live a pretty, well no, actually a VERY sedentary life here on the farm.
So, did I have a great 4th of July weekend..the answer is well, not really. To be quite honest it bordered on being a sucky weekend. Yes, it is true. My husband who was once my confident, best pal and tag along, has found a new life at Scheels All Sports. Yes, I am very proud of him, but volunteering to work on Fourth of July weekend, I firmly believe was way over the top! He says he is trying to impress the boss....well, thats just fine, but I think just agreeing to not fart in public qualifies as impressing the boss.....screw giving up a holiday weekend!! OK, now I feel much better. So since he was working, yeah, you guessed it, I worked too. Claims, Claims, claims...I hope these poor sick, ailing and surgically challenged imps appreciate that I worked all weekend to get their claims paid.
So, Tueday it was back to the grind of working....but just when I was finishing doing statements at the Lynchs plumbing, the overwhelming urge hit me to go camper shopping! ( I wonder if there is a medication to address that problem) But before I tell about that, I should report kind of a sad tragedy that bestowed upon my brother Steve.
Shortly after arriving to Lynch's plumbing Steve called me in the office and wanted the phone number for the local Vets office, so I gave it to him. Seems he was going to call there to see if anyone had picked up a stray dog. The night before when returning home after going to see fireworks, Steve, Cindy and the boys noticed their dog, Toby was missing. Well, after spending most of the night looking for him, they didnt locate him. The next morning the search pursued, but Steve had to take Cindy to the hospital for a surgery she had schedule a week or two ago. In the meantime, I decide to take a trip to Des Moines....when I come on the West Branch - I-80 on ramp, about 100 yards down the highway, I spot Toby, but unfortunately it was too late for him. He was dead laying along the interstate. Now, what do I do?? Ryan is working, Steve is at the hospital with Cindy...etc. So, I decide to call Wayne and let him get ahold of Ryan. To make a long story short (which I failed miserably at doing) Ryan retried Toby and buried him.....very sad.
In the meantime, I arrive at the outskirts of Des Moines.....and begin my trek to Garys Trailer sales (sounds like a line out of a Jeff Foxworthy skit doesnt it?)but, of course I run into construction and get somewhat lost. Thankfully Jennifer directs me back on track. I looked at several campers,,,,,but alas did not make the final decision yet...Gee and if I did that would I still be able to enjoy the chase of finding the exact model I want.....?
Wednesday was a busy one, started out doing my claims..then at 11:30 Ginny Parish from Seabury came to install my VPN network so I can do claims on the DSL network. Now, I need to get busy and move the newer computer into my office and the old one out!! Then I will finally have things the way I want. The DSL sure makes my claims screen fast,,,,,have to love that!
Now, Im going to share a very personal portion of my life with you.......yeah, you got me started on this, now youll have to suffer with the details. Ok, here it is...I almost considered having a very brief and lustful affair with another man today........sorry Kurtis, but I cant believe it but I found myself almost overcome with lust for another man!!!!!! Yep, Dr. Jack Sherry....my new podiatrist!! In case you're not aware...(and havent had the pleasure of listening to me bitch for 2 years about my aching and painful ankles) I have a terrible time with my feet. Well, I have met a miracle man! The sad thing about this, Kurtis, is that you sent me to him, you see he does Kurtis feet too ( Hopefully he doesnt excite Kurtis like he did me) I truly believe after only a 20 minute office visit, this man has found what is wrong with my ankles. Yes......shitty cheap shoes! Yes, Jessica, the new balance shoes suck! Of course, It could also be because I bought the cheapest version of them there is...he did actully tell me this! But, a couple of inserts later and a new pair of shoes ($90.00 of course) and I think I am already walking better.
Seriously, Kurtis is still the main man for me, but when Dr. Sherry had my two little tootsies in his hands and so caringly removed my nastty little calases (sp) I had a moment of true weakness.
I think that about covers it, just sitting here now waiting for my sweetheart to come home from his precious, little job. Yep, bet he sold another muzzleloader tonight! You know, if he sells like 12 of these deer shooting, pheasant splatering, turkey blasters he gets one free!!!! Hows that for a deal you cant pass by!! Until next time.....signed Lovingly Your MOM
1 comment:
Hi, I am Jessica's friend Veronica. I am so excited you are thinking about a camper. We bought one last year and go whenever we can. Anyway, I just wanted to say that we got ours at Gary's and have been very happy with the quality and their customer service. We really shopped around and that was the only place that was not overly pushy and seemed like theirs were good trailers. We have a Jayco and it is great. Please do not go to the other two places on Se 14th. I think they are called Autorama RV or something. Looked there too and the people seemed fishy and the campers were crap. A lot of those have been on the lot since we got ours. Just a thought. Good luck with the search:-)
Post a Comment