Thursday, July 21, 2005

I just read your blog Jessica about being 24...and I have to admit, I would feel really sorry for you, but for every year you turn older....I just become more and more of a senior citizen! Yes, I have secretly hidden my AARP card in my wallet..it's not my fault! Kurtis got it for me, you see the old bag wife automatically qualifies when the way to anxious husband signs up for it when he turns 50..Yeah, sure, drag me down to the old folks club kicking and screaming! I was further humiliated when the other day we were at the eye doctor getting Kurts new glass's and he wittingly asked the receptionist "Do you give discounts for AARP members?? As I slid down behind the counter and in-between the womens legs with embarassment, she promptly replies "Oh, yes, if you are a AARP Member you get almost half off!!!! May I say, we have just created a monster!! Kurtis was filled with glee and so proud of his cleverness!!! As I calmly pulled myself back to my feet, brushing off the cob webs, Kurtis says "See dear, aren't you glad we are AARP members?? Yes, dear, just thrilled to death, please pass the prune juice!!
On a lighter subject, I am very much looking forward to coming to Des Moines for the annual Jessica Young birthday blowout party! I will be spending Friday preparing my assigned dish's to tote to the gala. Still have to go out and get that "special" little gift. Looking forward to just hanging out and catching up on the news with my two favorite little girls and their significant others. I want to spend as much time doing this as possible before the mind begins to go (like is hasn't already)
Well, best get back to work invoicing those poor little customers for plumbing services rendered. I have a treat for everyone coming soon. A photograph showing just how proud I am of my position here with Lynchs Plumbing of West Branch...but it will take a day or so to prepare it. Until next time Love MOM

No comments: