Saturday, July 02, 2005

You know, every mother waits and is patient for the day they proudly send their daughters off to fend for themselves in the big world. You hope you have done everything that is required to give them the skills, and knowledge to cope with real world situations and challenges.....you think you have covered all bases and now....you job is done. Time to sit back and relax, enjoy the peace and freedom you have worked so hard to earn........then.......it comes.......the computer age!!! Yes, I worked in the computer field for 28 years of my life...and was very content to leave that in the dust behind me.....but NO!!, my daughters can't allow that.....Here I am like so many other trapped and humiliated mothers, having to expose their once private lives all over the internet like some perverted psycho! But, you know us mothers, no way can we say no to the little darlings.....so here I sit on a beautiful Saturday morning, at a stupid computer doing what I am once again "Told" to do!
Well, what can I say, I may actually find it to be entertaining (uh, yeah) and it is a nice way to bore my kids with my personal life (hey this is starting to sound even better) So, here I go.
I would like to start out by establishing one known fact..the information and articles you find here are not going to be earth shaking, state of the art, headline busting or even remotely exciting information. I live a very sedentary and rewarding life here on our rural Cedar county farm. I enjoy horses, my greenhouse, gardening and since my husband Kurtis decided to get a job in town (he also farms) I have become very close to and dependent on my fearless overweight Corgi Maggie. My schedule is pretty set. I get up and go to work in West Branch to do the bookeeping for Lynch's Plumbing (my brothers). At noon I head home to have lunch with my wonderful husband Kurtis, then up to my office to process Medical Claims for a company called Marsh Advantage America. The rest of the day is MINE!
I guess I should introduce my best friend and husband Kurtis. Kurtis and I met when he was 36. A bonified dedicated batchelor that didnt have a clue what was about to be dropped on him. A middle aged women with two young hormonel daughters! One day a quiet live alone batchelor, about a year later 2 women invade your home and take over. Now, the way I explain this event is that Kurtis had to be holding out for all those years for just the right women to come along and knock his socks off. I like to think that it was a refined skill that I posessed. The kids were just a bonus!!! Anyway, it has all worked out and Kurtis and I have been together now for almost 15 years. We are best of friends, share like hobbies and are happy for every day we spend together. Kurtis farms about 480 acres of great Iowa farmland, raises beef cattle and we have Percheron horses. As of late, Kurtis took a part-time job at Scheels All Sports in the Coral Ridge mall in Iowa City. Must to my disapointment he seems to absolutely love the job. He is in the sporting and hunting section and has become a star performer! I am so proud (yeah right!) But, if Kurtis is happy than I am happy (guess I'll have to continue being nice to the damn dog)
Now, to my wonderful daughters who got me in this situation to begin with! I'll start with Jessica, the instigator! Jessica lives with her new husband Rob in Des Moines and works for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Last fall we had the pleasure of watching my youngest little girl walk down the aisle and turn her life over to the man she has chosen to spend the rest of her life with. I have to tell you, I think she did an excellent job in the selection process and we all love Rob. They have a charming home, two spoiled dogs and live right next door to the in-laws (and I might mention "patient" in-laws) Kurtis and I are so happy for her.
My oldest daughter is Jennifer. Jennifer too lives in Des Moines and works in an insurance
office selling insurance. Hmmm, I work with insurance, Jessica works with insurance and Jennifer works with insurance....suppose it was something in the womb? Anyway, Jennifer is in the process of planning a wedding in the upcoming year to her new fiance Tom. I'm a very lucky mom, I am getting to witness both of my precious daughters beginning their lives on the right track. We are looking forward to the big day. Jennifer also has pets but the are cats, three of them I believe.
So, this is a bit of a sampling of the life I live here in Iowa. I consider myself very lucky and try to enjoy each and every day to the max (except on those days I am up to my nose in pre-menapause hormones) There....I said it, the whole world can know now!! One those days, it would be nice if you could all say a small prayer for Kurtis.....he usually ends up taking the brunt of the abuse.
Until next time...... Love to all, MOM

2 comments:

Mrs Weidner said...

I have to admit your pretty damn funny. I guess I know where we get our sense of humor! Tom said your funny too & remembers when you said an egg at mcdonalds has never seen a chickens ass. LOL, that is his favorite memory of my Mommy!! HEE HEE

Jessica said...

Oh MOMMY! Im so excited you are a blogger with us! I really do think it will be a fun way to keep in touch and bore each other to tears. Love you!