Saturday, July 30, 2005

Dog Days of Summer on the Farm.......

I dedicate my blog this evening to a wonderful lazy afternoon in late July on the Voparil farm. I took time out of my usual list of chores to pick up my camera and do some shooting in the back forty. It was just one of those nice summer days, about 89 degrees or so, but a brisk breeze that made it actually quite tolerable. I took about 60 or 70 shots, but will share just a few and maybe a few more in the days to come.
I really have to stop and realize sometimes that I really am fortunate to live in what I would call the "heartland" of this country. I am very happy for that.
I took my trusty lawn tractor and drove around the pastures looking for a photogenic moment to present itself. As you can see from a couple of shots, our farm is very rustic. I like it that way, and for photographic reasons it lends itself well.
Hope you enjoy the photos....Until next time....MOM

No comments: