Its Friday Evening and all is well in Rural Solon........
Here I sit in my favorite little corner of the couch, just a dim light eminating from the t.v. as Kurtis watches "Farming with Oxen" on the RFD TV channel...and all is good. The gentle hum of the fan is relaxing, it is a pretty nice cool evening and nice to not have the air conditioning running. I anxiously await Kurtis to say something romantic to me, like "Gee Dear it is so nice to be sharing this beautiful evening with you, or, I missed you so much today Dear while at work.
Well, that would be nice but instead, here is how the conversation is going....."Guess what Dear, I made my goal for August!! $12,700.00!! I sold two two guns today, $300.00 worth of knives, hunting clothes and just about anything else you could need to blast the life out of anything that moves!! Dont, get me wrong, I am very proud of Kurtis, but he is a man driven....and nothing seems to be backing him off! He actually got a big handshake and congratulations from the main manager today for being such a quick learner and finishing off the month within the top sales category for the part-timers. I'm afraid this new career change is not going to pass soon. If it wasn't for the fact that he is so cute in his little outfit and having such a good time I would be upset.....so I guess I'll just have to go with the flow!
I did go into Scheels today at noon to have lunch with Kurtis..I anxiously awaited for him to get his break and to join me at the Panda express chinese food bar at the mall (no not quite HuHot is it!!) but, thats ok, I waited..and waited..and waited. Finally, here he comes...whats that? Oh, he doesn't seem to be alone......oh, he has one of his work buddies with him..for lunch?? Well, so much for our little rondeveous...Here dear, meet Josh Yoder. Well, it was still a nice lunch...and guess what, I now know Josh Yoder.
So, here we sit nice and quiet and I am enjoying our quiet time, and the next two days are ours to enjoy.....well, kinda. I made the mistake of asking my honey what he had planned for the next two days......it goes something like this......Well, I have to rake the hay across the creek, rake the straw across the road and bale both fields. That should take till Sunday afternoon or so. Oh, thats nice, so glad I asked.
Guess I'll catch up on all the chores I'v been putting off.....cleaning house, wash , etc....
I love you Kurtis....I really do, but I want my farmer back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Until next time......MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment