Oh the smell of spring was in the air!!
Glory Days!! I dont believe I have ever seen it get up to 60 degrees in January in Iowa. It was just plain beautiful today. I didn't get around to getting some lunch until about 1:30, then it was just down right tough to go back inside and stay there...but due my dying dedication to Lynch's Plumbing...I did it! I'v just about got everything balanced and ready to turn over to the tax man. I requested final transaction registers from the bank to balance accounts, waited two hours for them to fax them to me...but they never did come..so tomorrow back to the phone again. Oh the life of a bean counter!
I had an interesting experience on my way home from work today. When rounding the final corner towards our house, there standing in the middle of the road was five nice big plumb black and Buff Orphington chickens. Now, where do you suppose those young ladies came from? I slowed down my vehicle and crept up to them slowly...they continued to scratch and peck at the gravel....hmmm I went around them and went home. I then had to go over to Fa Benda's for a moment...so I approached the corner cautiously and yep, there they were again, still scratching and looking as though they belonged there. Hmmm a mystery, just ticked I didnt have my camera to shoot a nice picture..they really were cute. Damn, it just occured to me, had a been quick maybe I could of rounded them up and took them in to moms to put in with her chicken!
Now, I best get back to my project of the evening..I am collecting some recipes to be put in a new cookbook for fund-raising for St. Bridgets church. I'm also doing some for a new edition of the Cedar County Historical Society cookbook. As I was doing some research for these recipes I happen to come across my How Iowa Cooks, Cookbook and came across one of the submissions that my mother has in there...It is "Applesauce Meat Balls"...hmmm somehow I dont quite recall that as being a family favorite. I mean, Applesauce Meatballs......no I dont remember that one...Franco American Spaghetti and Meatballs..yea that one rings a bell...haha
Also, sorry no photos tonite..I need to go out on one of these nice days and get a new supply. Im ready for things to begin turning green..the dismal brown is growing old.
until next time......MOM
1 comment:
I would like to reserve a copy of both of those cookbooks at this time!!!
Post a Comment