Friday, January 27, 2006

I AM SO EMBARASSED! I have left you staring at my Toilet!!!

I can't believe I have left you staring at my toilet since Monday afternoon! I have been getting home kind of late all week and haven't taken the time to update my blog, for that I apologize. Just hope I dont get the flu anymore all winter and that I dont have to resort to such tacky materials as a photo of our la'trine.
So, to try to make up for this obvious lack of taste, tonight I am going to celebrate the coming of spring....now don't go and ruin it by saying something stupid like....My god women, don't you know it is still only January?? Hell, no..it was 62 degress today, so I am closing my eyes and thinking it is more like mid March. It was all I could do this afternoon when I got home, to not go in the greenhouse and scrounge through last years garden seeds to come up with a package of the classic "cherry Belle" radishes. I even scratched around the soil a bit and think it would of been just prime for scattering a few seeds out there, but I didn't.
It's amazing the effect a little sunshine and warmer temperatures can have on a persons attitude, and I'm ready for something positive. Wednesday Kurtis and I had our yearly physicals with Dr. Greg Bozek and needless to say it was a bit hard on my ego. Other than the usual uncomfortable items that have to be addressed at a physical, I received orders to go have a mammogram and a colonoscopy. I also was given what Dr. Bozek calls his "standard lecture of recognizing the symptoms of a heart attack in middle aged women" Talk about depressing!!! Next came the shattering questions "Have you noticed any indications of menopause?" I quickly replied "NOPE, Not ME!!" What a liar!! We discussed my aggrevation with my dry skin, losing hair, greying, foot problems......oh, and one of his most flatering observations........"Do you have any plans to have those moles removed?????" For Christ Sake have some heart!!! So, I left with my prescritions for Diabetes, my blood pressure medicine, appointment at Mercy for the damn Mammogram and just a promise that I will at some time make a appointment for a Colonoscopy........maybe the morning before I have the F______ moles removed!!
So, as you can see I really am pushing spring...I have to, I may not make it through February!!!!
Until next time.....MOM

No comments: