When the FARM moves to the city.......
I am dedicating my blog this evening to my Mother and her new home in West Branch. As you can see from the first photo below, it is a very charming and quaint home. But, with all the beautiful furnishings, state of the art appliances, beautiful fireplace, etc etc....something was just missing! Well folks that problem has been resolved!!
You guessed it!! The chicken and rabbitt have arrived!! Well??? What do you expect? There was a delimma. Marsha had to go to Fort Dodge for three months and you just can't leave a rabbitt and chicken to fend for themselves....so you do what any self-respecting farm wife would do......you bring em to town!!
You have to admit, as for "having it made" these two couldn't have it any better! From the depths of the old guneia pig house with mice, no heat and an occasional bucket of corn.......they have arrived to radiant floor heat, kept at the optimum temperature and all the food needed for proper nutritional needs. Let me tell you, if I was to ever come back in re-incarnation, I want to come back as one of these two!!! Mom tells me that Henrietta is 12 years old, and the rabbit even older than that!! You would think with all the luxuries that stinking rabbit has come into, that the attitude would show some signs of improvement...but as I was trying to get a picture it continued to growl quite rudely at the lens.
So, you see...you can take the women out of the country, but you cant take the country out of the women. There is one concern......if by chance the chicken gets out of the cage and escapes into the neighborhood....I have instructed mom that she just turns her head the other way and says out loud "Oh my gosh, was that a chicken????? How on earth would that ever have gotten to West Branch!!!!" Also, there will be no "Eggs for Sale" signs allowed to be posted. I'm not prepared to have people I know asking me how my mothers chicken is getting along in the garage!!!! No Way!!
Until next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment