Just a nice day today....
Today was just a nice day like the days Kurtis and I used to have together once upon a time AKA: Before Scheels. We had several errands we had put off until he had a day off, and today we got them all done.
One of the important jobs was to secure the panel in my greenhouse that has come out several times since the small tornado wrecked havoc last summer. We finally got up there and with Kurts help put in a couple of small braces to hold it in place. Oh, now I am ready to begin seed starting with the weather turns. I have several plants in there as an experiment to see if they winter over, and I see that several of them are sprouting (hosta, mums and a couple of Martha Stewart Geraniums) I suspect the next round of freezing weather will probably do them in though, so I covered them to give them a fighting chance. Life can be tough for plants ya know.
One of the other things Kurtis and I did was to plant about 150 tuplips and about 90 daffodils.......yeah, here we go again...the January bulb planting!! They probably wont do anything, but if nothing else we are providing good forage for the squirrels and moles. We really arent out anything but our labor if they dont grow, the bulbs were free.
Just a nice day spent doing odds and ends and it was kind of nice... I miss not having Kurtis around each day to help out....but I guess it makes me appreciate when he is home.
Until next time....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment