Saturday, January 07, 2006

Flourescent Lights...........$350.00
Potting Soil and Fertilizer......$50.00
Planting books and materials.....$100.00
A beautiful day in the Greenhouse........."Priceless"!

Ohhhh, I just can't tell you how much fun I had today in the greenhouse re-planting the beautiful Brugmansia I have raised from cuttings I took last fall. I had my whole morning all planned out, I laid out newspaper in the kitchen to begin the task on the counter tops. I went out the the greenhouse to get a dirt scoop (a very important tool) and was absolutely shocked to find it about 90 degrees or so ...so I moved the whole opearation out there. I had a ball!!! There just isn't any better therapy then working in dirt with the sun beaming in on you.......ohhhhhh, lifes simple pleasures. Now, I am completely obsessed with the overwhelming urge to fill in the blank lines on the order form from the seed catalogs! Of course I must get the order in right away, you just never know, some other SOB might just buy the last package and I would be left out in the cold.
Kurtis and I also had a very nice evening last night, we took Marsha out for her official celebration of her graduation. We dined at the India Cafe in Iowa City. Kurtis was just desperate for his favorite dish, the Goat Rogash. He did comment last night that he believes they use the neck bones for this dish (ummm) We also had the onion and garlic nann bread which is out of this world. We have to remember to invite Steve and Wayne the next time we go!!
Also, Jennifer and Jessica, Marsha asked me to give you a little heads up regarding your blog pages. She is leaving Sunday for Fort Dodge and will be there three months.......her life is going to be haning on a thin thread that will depend on the entertainment provided by these blogs.....so, you are to keep them updated on a more regular basis!! The challenge is on!
Well, I am off for another evening of entertainment, I am going to go to mass over at Mechanicsville, then Fa. Benda is taking about 10 of us out to Sutliff for supper. My husband is working till 10, so I'm going stagg. I had better get in the shower and get ready.
until next time.....MOM


No comments: