Its just to blah outside today...I just want to sleep!
I could just crawl into to bed and sleep today, and as a matter of fact that is exactly what Kurtis is doing right now....but me? oh know, I have to keep going!
Kurtis and I went to maquoketa to a antique show this morning, it was really nice, but the crowds were unreal! Lets see, we did make a couple of purchases. I bought a antique pickled egg jar....yeah, thats what I said, an antique pickled egg jar. It is really neat, it holds about 3 gallons, has a ceramic shelf in in with cutouts for the eggs and probably weighs 15 lbs or so....what you might call an "unique collectible" We also bought about 6 more pieces of McCoy pottery, the dealer there kind of specializes in McCoy and made us a good deal on several pieces.....just what we need!! We had a nice little lunch at Dawns Cafe in Maquoketa and came on home.
I have promised to help Roberta Bowie put on a wildflower walk this spring for the State Federated Garden Club, so I suppose I should work on the flyers that I have to take to a meeting I have with her Tuesday, you know, I just think I have gotten myself out of these organizations, then I open my big mouth and here I am again....but at least this has to do with gardening and she promises there will be nice plants on sale that day....so Im game!!
Not much to report today, so until next time....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment