Saturday, January 21, 2006

I dedicate my Blog today to a Marsha update......

In keeping with my strict instructions to check out the farm house and the demolition within, I took time out of my busy schedule today (sounds kind of pompus doesn't it) to go over the farm and get some pictures.
The first thing that hits you when you walk in, is how incredibly small the place looks now. Larry and company have stripped all plaster, carpet and celings out. The tile under-neath is shot. It is all buckled and lots of it is missing. It sure brought back memories to me of sweeping that brown stuff. The prodecure involved starting back at the furthest corner from the kitchen and "collecting" all the debris until you worked yourself to the waste basket in the kitchen. Along the way, it didn't matter is you encountered a large foreign object, you just kept sweeping and eventually deposited it into the waste basket.
The wood that was under the plaster looks really good, Larry said there are some areas that are going to have to be straightened, but other that that its in good shape. Some of Dad's repairs are a little rough, but they will be covered. The poor man did what he could with what materials he had I guess.
The other thing is that we have gotten about 4 inches of snow, so your gardens are nice and tucked in under a blanket of snow again. I dont know how long its going to last because it is suppose to be towards 40 again all week. But for now, its there.
Oh, and remember the poor chickens I mentioned that were on our road Friday? Well, it has not ended in a very pleasant way. When I came home last night after dark, a Hawk was making a late night snack out of one, the others are in the road ditch covered with snow. I dont know who would of dumped 5 chickens, but I guess it can be a very cruel world. Where is the local chapter of PPCTC when you need them anyway???? (People for the Prevention of Cruelty to Chickens) Ha!
Well, I will close for now.....need to put a pork roast in the oven.Until next time.....MOM

No comments: