YES, I SWEAR..I AM PRO-LIFE!!
I try to be a good catholic, go to church regularly and I AM pro-life (for the most part) but, yesterday I took my poor little Maggie to the Vet for a puppy abort shot...oh, the shame of it all! I definately think this falls under the "if the pregnancy is a life threatening situation" clause. A corgi attempting to deliveer rottweiler cross puppies seems destined for disaster. So, we walked hand and hand (paw) together into Dr. O'Donnells office with heads hung low and took the cure so to speak. Maggie was a big hit rolling over to allow as much tummy scratching as possible. So now we have a clean bill of health, a current rabies shot, distemper and no sign of ear mites.....all is well again..until the next six month call of nature arrives! But, we are still confined to the greenhouse at night.
In addition to the vet trip yesterday our day was a hectic one! Kurtis spent the day discing, then harrowing, planting, then harrowing again the entire area around Father Benda's pond. We seeded it in Iowa Prarie mix and wildflowers. If the rains cooperate it should be beautiful, if not, well, it was a good effort and the button weeds can have it back. I was out taking some pictures and will post them later. Then, we assisted Father in hosting the Mechanicsville Knights of Columbus meeting at his log home. We were told there would be about 20 people, but about 45 turned out......luckily we weren't in charge of anything but having some tables set up, they brought a big grill and did Steaks, baked potatoes and salad for everyone. It was a beautiful evening and almost 11:00 before they all left. Until next time.....MOM
2 comments:
Can you imagine how ugly those puppies would have been? OMG.
Well, at least you didnt have to get spotted going into Emma Goldman or anything. Now THAT would have been embarassing!
Post a Comment