Sunday, August 28, 2005

DID YOU MISS ME??????

Would you think I was lying if I said I missed all of you?? Well, I actually did, but being away even if for only a few days was very nice. We had a wonderful time at the big HALF CENTURY OF PROGRESS SHOW. I will post a few pictures over the next week or so, and for some of you it will probably bore you too death (Jessica and Jennifer), but what the heck...
We had very nice weather the whole time we were in Illinois, the last day however, it creeped up to about 92 degrees with humidity to match, so we headed home. We stopped over in Galesburg Illinois to do some Antique shopping, and Kurtis got to go to a gun shop he has read about in one (of his many) gun catalogs. Neither of us spent much money, and actually came home with room in the car for more things......hard to believe isn't it!
The big highlight of the show had to be my getting to meet the most famous (well, at least to me) Max Armstrong. I got to talk to him and have him sign a T-shirt for me (oh yes, I have a picture sealing the moment)
There were tons of tractors and farm equipment, Kurtis was in his element. I don't hesitate to remind him just how lucky he is to have married a female that actually enjoys this stuff, has to be a rarity don't you think? Or, maybe it is that I am just a bit odd.....but that's ok.
We also really enjoyed touring the Chanute Air Force Base, where this show took place. The museum was just spectacular!! I have to admit, I actually found myself getting very emotional viewing what these young men and women did for this country and what they endured. Really sad to see such a spectacular facility deteriorating since 1993 when the government closed it down. I think it covers close to 2000 acres in Rantoul. I can imagine it was quite a blow to the town when things were shut down.
So, here we are back and ready to happily return to work tomorrow (well, at least Kurtis is), and life goes on. So for now, here are some pictures to enjoy and until next time, Max, I'll just have to be content seeing you again on RFD TV. MOM

No comments: