Thursday, August 11, 2005

OH MY GOD, I'V BEEN SHOT!!

Now that I have your attention.....picture this, it's 12:36 a.m. I am dreaming that I can't get in my front door, I struggle and struggle with the keys (you know this is a dream now, have I ever locked a door??) Finally, I manage to get in the door and I see a shadow of a man with a gun (no doubt an fixation based on the fact my husband works with guns all day) I'm trying to get the door shut when a shot rings out and I feel the pain in my temple!!! Oh my god, I'v been shot!! I reach to grasp my forehead in my hand and I suddenly wake from an awful dream.....oh, what a relief, I'm not really injured at all......but, wait, the pain isnt going away....oh shit, it still hurts....Oh crap!! Its that damn tooth I have been nursing away from a root canal for 2 months, guess what..it wants attention now!!! I stumble downstairs to the cabinet and begin downing tylenol, Advil, Bufferin and the Ansaid Dr. kampfe gave me the last time this happen....but with no relief! I've put in worse nights but I dont remember when. 8:10 call to Dr. Kampfe's office and I beg for a appointment for the inevitable.......ROOT CANAL! 2:30 appointment....by 2:55 the whole ordeal is a memory. I can tell you why this whole horrible thing happened too, just two weeks ago I sent in the last payment for the two porcelein crowns I had put on last year!! I dont know what hurts more, the root canal or the $700.00 bill. Anyway, it's over and now I am just tired from the lack of sleep last night, sore from the novacaine shots and have a very upset tummy from the 4000mg of junk I popped trying to get some relief.
The good news is, we finally did get some much need rain last night, unfortunately I think it is too late for it do do any good, but we'll take it anyway. With that pleasant thought in mind, I think I will sign off...I'm posting a couple of pleasant pictures to help heal my tired little mind tonight. Have alot of claims to do yet, but suspect I wont get to them. Who cares!!
Until next time MOM

No comments: