Knock, Knock, Knock, Kurtis! Sharon! Are you in there??
Just about to walk out the door Monday morning to go to work and a knock comes to the front door.. someone shouts Kurtis, Sharon are you in there!! Its our neighbor Rob Glick and he is obviously excited about something! Kurtis runs to the window where he is shouting in (Yes, I admit it, we werent quite dressed yet) "I have kind of a emergency, there is a big dog down the road and he has your little dog trapped down in a road culvert!" AAAAh.....so you've had enough, I think, and you are now hiding in a road culvert!! True love has obviously passed in the night! So, we jump in the truck and scoot down the road..Maggie immediately upon seeing Kurts truck squirts out of the culver, runs to the door and tries climbing in ( too short of couse but nice try) She has thrown all pride to the side and exhibits pure "Take me the hell home!!!!!" So, the story has a happy ending, Maggie is back home.......locked in the greenhouse for the time being. We go to the Vet tomorrow morning for the famous "morning after" injection. The fleeting lover was a 80lb black lab/rottweiler cross.....no, I don't think so!!
As far as the weekend went, it was a pretty good one. Unfortunately, I spent most all of Saturday looking for the little tyrant, but I guess that was ok. Sunday, Kurtis and I headed to Des Moines for a big day at the Iowa State Fair. I would like anyone out there that says fairs are a dying breed, to take the time to attend the Iowa State Fair on a sunny 78 degree Sunday and see what they find!!! I have never quite seen anything like it!! The crowds were unbelievable! To see anything you had to stand in line forever!! Congratulations to Jessica for winning a bottle of Cookies BBQ seasoning. We were having lunch at the Cattlemens pavillion were "Mark Pearson" of the famed "Power Lunch" Agriculture program on WMT was interviewing Speed Henderson, owner of Cookies BBQ sauce. The question was thrown out "Who can tell me the hometown of Cookies BBQ sauce", and without so much of a split second hesitation Jessica shouts "Wall Lake Iowa!!" and won herself the prize! Needless, to say I was quite surprised of her knowledge in this regard ???
So we did have a nice time, but the crowds really messed up seeing as much as I normally like too, and made us very late by the time we wrestled our way out of there..never again on a Sunday..and this bone spur has got to go!!! I was exhausted by the time we headed home at 7.
Until next time....MOM
1 comment:
I am so glad you got your Maggie back. I would be a mess if one of my little pooches ever did that.
Post a Comment