Friday, August 19, 2005

The Joys of Gardening in August....

Lets see, its Friday afternoon and here is what I still want to get doen this afternoon. 1) All my claims...so I dont have to work this weekend (fat chance) 2.) Gather all my onions and put them in the shed to dry. 3.) Pick the tomatoes and god willing can them. 4.) Pick the apricots and make apricot jam (see photo below) 5.) Dig some potatoes (thanks to Adam I have two varieties and am anxious to see which did better in this now famous Iowa drought) 6.) Run the weed trimmer and clean up my Strawberry bed (guess it is obvious if I need a weed trimmer how I kept ahead of the weeds this year) 7.) Water all my containers AGAIN! 8.) Mow the yead. Well, lets see, that is about it for today, them tomorrow........Oh, screw it, Im going to go take a nap!!!! Until next time....MOM

No comments: