Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oh my god it's missing!!! Oops no, there it is....it's just not functioning!

I'm sorry but I'm afraid my brain has already checked out and is on the way to the Chicago Flower Show!! I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything but lush green things that are growing!!
Tonite I will spend rallying around my American Tourister Travel Bag. Lets see now......I can't forget my critical survival items....such as......1) A fan..yes, a fan. I can't sleep without the comforting humm of a good ole' Summer Breeze model 610 from Wal-mart. I'm afraid this might be something that is in the genes from a relative of mine that used to sleep with a fan running and would don a pair of goggles to keep his eyes from drying out! OK, enough of that. Now, #2) Pack my pills. God help us! I seem to have more pills these days than a well stocked pharmacy....but gonna need 'em, especially those long green ones that help my foot pain when walking alot....does anyone have a Hover-round I could borrow! 3) My better pair of Jammies. Yep, sounds like I'm going to be sleeping with my sister again....haven't done that now in about 38 years....I still remember the time I wasn't respecting the "keep your distance" rule and she gave me a hell of a slapping, so I quickly retreated back to my "side" of the bed. Kurtis, It just dawned on me why I like my "space!!!" and 4) My camera...I hope to get some nice shots to share with all of you when I return.
I am so looking forward to this trip..and seeing my wonderful niece Anna (and you too Josh) It will be nice to see their place and how Iowan's get along in the big city.
So, if I don't get around to updating this blog for awhile, you will know it is because I am having a hell of a time in Chicago... until next time....MOM

3 comments:

Mrs Weidner said...

I remember sleeping with you Mom...somewhat like a cactus if I recall correctly. Jes...care to back me up on this one?? =)

Anonymous said...

I was going to let you take the suitcase Dad bought an auction years ago (faux alligator, I believe). He bought it with the specific intention of humiliating me when he came to Michigan. See you later today. m

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember spending the week with you guys during the summers and how many of us were in the same bed and we didn't worry about SPACE!! Of course I was happiest once you got the inside plumbing...that running outside in the middle of the night never did make this big city (TIPTON) gal very happy!!
Happy St. Pats Day to everyone!!!
Omaha