Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's raining....It's pouring.....the ole man is snoring.......

It's 8:30 p.m. There is a nice gentle rain coming down outside...and a few minutes ago I heard the rumble of thunder........You know what that means???? Yeah, Spring is in the air!!!!
When I came home from work this afternoon I had a couple of robins in the back yard and there are several red winged blackbirds on the telephone lines...I could of sworn I heard the sounds of a lawnmower running in the distance! It wont be long now!
The week has definately started off with a bang. Kurtis finally had his appointment at the Univ of Iowa to see Dr. Sivitz for his diabetes. It took most of the day, but I think we are off and running on a new treatment regime for him. It seems a bit depressing to me and I feel very bad for him..he has to test his blood like 6 times a day now and do insulin injections before each meal....I hope this works.
Today was Nellie Donovans funeral. She was 98 years old...and lived a good life. The church was mostly full of close relatives....she definately did her part in populating this area. I feel bad that I really know very few of my cousins. Maybe a reunion in the future would be a good idea.
Well, tomorrow we are suspose to go get my camper from Thompson and Sons RV in the quad cities. I think I have Kurtis convinced to do it, but he said it can't be muddy or rainy.....I am sitting her listening to the wind against the side of the house and I know it has been raining since about 2:00 this afternoon.. Do you ever think that mother nature has it in for you sometimes?? Damn. I don't know if I'll ever get the darn thing home. Maybe I can use the approach that wouldn't it be nice to bring it home anyway in the rain and mud, then set it up here in the lane and light the fireplace and read a good book? Hmmm, I doubt if he buys it.
Not too much more exciting...so will close for now....Until next time....MOM

No comments: