Thursday, March 23, 2006

OK OK OK....I've tried everything!!! It just isnt going to work!!!

I just dont know what to say...I have tried for 4 days now to load my prized pictures of Roger Swain for all of you to enjoy (and laugh at), but it just doesn't appear that it is going to work!! I am so embarassed that after almost 30 years in the IT business (that's information technology for those of you wondering) I can't get a couple of simple photos to upload to this blogger......but have no fear, I haven't given up completely!
So, I have loaded some of my pictures (without Roger in them) for your enjoyment. Marsha and I had a wonderful time at the flower show! As I said before Josh and Anna treated us like loyalty..these kids had some good up-bringing some where.
The flowers and displays at the show were really beautiful, I tried to take some nice pictures to show that, but unfortunately really take that many..my camera got kind of heavy and I ended up sending it back to the car.
Now, as I mentioned earlier Marsha and I were treated to the wonderful honor of meeting the famous Roger Swain. Now, for those of you that don't know who that is.....well, I'm quite embarassed for you..and I would have to assume you either aren't a gardener or you are a damn poor one!! Roger was the host for years of the PBS Television show "The Victory Garden". I have very fond memories of watching him outfitted in his favorite pair of tingley boots, wading up to his thighs in a pond explaining the proper placement of pond rocks for maximum enjoyment..or kneeling down in the wet mud and grass to get the right perspective on planting some practical shrub that he would affectionately name the "plant of the week". Ah, such sweet memories..then to have actually gotten a big squeeze from him...what can I say..I was almost weak in the knees! We then pursued a quality conversation regarding the frustration of "Clematis Wilt" and Marsha jumped right in a quizzed him on his favorite tomatoe!! I believe he recommended the 'Sun gold" for flavor qualities and the "Celebrity" for profuse crop levels!! Yes, it was really enjoyable! We were just sick we didn't take the opportunity to invite him out for coffee or something...and by gosh I believe he just may of taken us up on it.
So, I'm going to continue to wrestle with these pictures, but for now..these will have to do.
Until next time....MOM

No comments: