Tuesday, March 28, 2006

GREENHOUSE UPDATE

Today I dedicate my blog to giving an update on the progress in my greenhouse. Ok, so most of you will find this incredibly boring....but bear with me..this is a big deal to me right now....I am attempting to grow wonderful treasures for my summer gardens. This sounds so nice and poetic, so untill all hell breaks out, or a spring tornado comes by and smashes all my efforts, just humor me, ok???

So, here is what is currently in the seed beds, gently resting over heating mats. I have yellow sunrise Coneflower, Mixed colors Pansys, Viola's and Kurtis has planted up a tray of German Giant Radish's (um,,yes, radishes in the greenhouse....I know, I know, this is silly, but he did work his tail off and build this thing for me, so I have to humor him....and woulnt ya know it, his radish's are all up already) I also have seeded snail flower and prickly catepillar plant. So far everything is popping up out of the soil but the coneflower, but it takes longer to germinate.
Marsha and I also have about 6-8 varieties of lillies, peonies, calla, and other interesting things (bulbs) all potted up to get a jump on their growing time.
It is so exciting..each day I go in there it seems something new is showing...In about another week or two I can really get down to business with starting of seeds. I think at this point I have around 60 packets of seeds to start...I have it figured that if everything sprouts and needs transplanting...I need approximately 3 acres of growing room.......yes, as usual totally carried away!!! I might want to note, that in the future editions of this blog, you may see me sending a great plea for volunteers to take plants and give them homes!!!
So, I will continue with updates as they become available....Until next time....MOM

No comments: