A CZECH riding a MULE.......
Hmmm..paints kind of a funny picture in your mind doesn't it?
So, here is the up-shot. I planned for a week (or maybe 4 months) to go get my camper yesterday......I put the day aside special, warned Kurtis of it multiple times, and actually got a verbal committment from him that we could do so..... as long as it was relatively dry and decent day........Welllllllll, then came the rain!! I really do try to be "as one" with mother nature, you know, gardening....weeding..fertilizing..etc etc...but when I need just one ounce of cooperation from the old bag..she craps on me.. or in this case dumps 2" of rain on me. I don't know, I still think we could of dragged it home in the rain, lightening and occasional gale force winds.....but Kurtis held his ground. I actually didnt even argue, since I did have some desire to enjoy the event without tracking mud and having the axels sink about 4 inches into the soft driveway we have...so until the next nice day...it remains in the quad cities.
However, it was apparently just the right kind of weather for Kurtis to take delivery on his "Mule" yesterday. That transaction came off without a hitch! When I got home from Cedar Rapids I was met at the door by an enthusiastic husband just thrilled to take me out and show me how to drive it......I stammered a bit and made note "But, But, its like raining out....." "Oh, thats ok, it will quit". So off we went. After a brief instruction on how to start it, put it in gear, back up, engage 4 wheel drive.......It was "off" we went!! The first 5 minutes were quite enjoyable..we zipped up and down the road for a mile or so (all while wiping the stinging rain drops out of my face) but suddenly we took a dive down into the lane leading to the pasture....Jess, you know the spot..where you used to sled ride down hills boasting angles only riveled by Mt. Everest!! I immediately began voicing my concern for what was about to happen....but it was too late. So much for my fear of carnival rides..make no mistake this was going to be a BIG ONE!! So, down we went...over the creek, over those great big humpy things the cattle make by walking in the same trail year after year!!!!! Remember not only is it extremely rough and steep, its raining and muddy......But unbelievably we made it. I think I may of wet myself no less than 10 times!! Kurtis was just buzzing with amazement of where we went and that we "didnt spin out one time".......he didnt bother noticing that I had just about passed out with urine soaked undies!!!! But we did make it back to the house and I know I will enjoy using it for my quiet gardening and hauling of precious cargo....from the greenhouse.
So, until next time.....MOM
5 comments:
That is insane. Seriously. I did laugh out loud though, and that isnt a good thing to do to a pregnant lady! I nearly wet MY pants!
My parents have had a gaotr for a long time and LOVE IT! I am sad for you not being able to get your cadilac of a camper though.
I bet Kurtis had planned to scare the hell out of you the first time he laid eyes on the thing! Suppose he'll let Jessica & I ride it like he did the 3 wheeler? I am still suprised we didn't get killed!
Hmmm, looks familiar. Just don't go breaking your collarbone like my husband did on one of those things.
40 years old, rode, and crashed about everything with a motor and still no broken bones whats up with the collerbone Adam??
Post a Comment