Saturday, April 08, 2006

Big News On The Farm!!!! The "Jayco" Has Landed!!!

Yes indeed!! We finally managed to bring the long awaited camper home. It's only been about 6 months since I bought it, and it took that long to get it home! The folks at Thompson RV were very nice and said "We knew you would come for it eventually, and if you didnt, we could always sell it again".
So, I'm very pleased with it so far, it towed down the road like a dream. On the way home Kurtis and I stopped at Blains Farm Store and bought some essential supplies in anticipation of the camping season....lets see, here is a few items I saw Kurtis going with in the cart. A fine new BBQ grill (folds up nicely for easy storage, he gave me the demonstration on how it works....haha), two folding lawn chairs, one handy folding table, three bags instant light charcoal briquettes and a rose bush (I dont think that was for camping though) Oh, and a handy dandy all in one set of Stanley tools for those small unexpected repair jobs. Oh, what did I buy? One bag of Cadbury mini eggs....you can see where my mind is!!
Last night Kurtis and I finally got around to going out and giving the whole outfit a good looking over. We put all the slides out, turned on the nice stereo system, the fireplace (and furnace..it was cold last night) and stretched out on the king size bed....we both declared "Yeah, I think I can tolerate camping ok with this thing...it really is roughing it though!" I can't wait to fix my first camp-out meal! Bring on the beans and weiners!!! Some smores would be nice too.
Well, back to reality and cleaning house......drats!!!!! Until next time.....MOM

1 comment:

Mrs Weidner said...

THEY ARE going to cut your feet off & then how will you hoof yourself into the camper?? BAD Mommie!! Bad!! OH well. We love ya anyway!!