Today was a blustery spring day......to be followed by a wintery cold night!!
Things are very tuff in the greenhouse business this time of year. Today it got up to 85 degrees inside the greenhouse, but tonight it is suppose to get down to 21! So, after a brief discussion with Kurtis as to what course of action to take, we decided the heat lamp application for overnight protection of my young seedlings was best..the lillies I think could care less. In putting up the "red" heat lamp, and turning it on, it reminded me of when we used to get little chicks and start them under the heat lamps...I swore I could almost hear the little chirp chirp sound they make when all huddling together for the heat. Come to think of it, I miss my chickens. I kind of mentioned this to Kurtis as I was giving him this nice warm memory, and just in passing mentioned "Wouldn't it be kind of nice to get a few chickens this spring?" Well, let's just put it this way......ain't gonna happen! He did have a point, if I want to do much camping this summer....you can't leave chickens alone......remember what happened to our mother the nice warm summer evening she was a bit late getting home to shut the chicken door......there was an all out chicken slaughter carried out by a couple ill-fated coons. I changed my mind promptly.
Speaking of camping...I have laid down the law to Kurtis. He has to work all week this week except for Thursday...I suggested that maybe I will work on Wednesday, then we can dedicate Thursday to bringing the big boy home.....I immediately heard a bit of hesitation in his voice, then he muttered something about burning off Georgie Kofrons if it dries out enough. Do you get the idea I may never get this thing home? I'm very close to just having them deliver it, and if it wasn't for the fact that they do all the hook-up adjustments, I would. I'm being very patient, but I do feel a big pout coming on soon.
Not much more to report tonight, so until next time MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment