Sunday, April 02, 2006

In a word describe this weekend........Battle zone of the seasons!

So, with all the cruddy weather we had this weekend, I should be ALL caught up on my domestic duties..right......wrong! Now, here's the thing, when its nice and sunny and warm outside I seem to have more energy...This weekend in a nutshell was pittyful. I know we need the rain, I know April showers bring May flowers......but enough already. I did get quite a bit accomplished Saturday, you know, the usual..wash and change bed sheets, do laundry, vacuumn, clean kitchen...dust....put on new roof, re-landscape the yard, build a barn.....well maybe "everything" didn't get done, but I did try. Sunday, was a complete wash out. It started out too early when I heard Kurtis go out the door at 5:00 a.m. to check the cows....Why? I mean what the hell does even a cow do at 5 in the morning!!!! But, he did....Just as a heard his newest partner in cow checking start up (the mule) there was a huge clap of thunder...apparently he got up and watched the weather and seen there was a nasty thunder storm coming, so he dashed out and did chores....I wonder what the odds of getting blasted from lighting while riding a bright red mule is??? Hmmm, I hope not as good as the odds of rolling one (sorry, couldn't resist)
So, after all the rain, lightning and wind, my greenhouse seems to be still standing in all its glory..everything inside has a calm quietness about it as though there was no imminent threat to its existance....so I'm happy. At one point when I was looking out the back porch door and yelling a few colorful medafors (sp) at the thunderstorm it reminded me of some relatives of mine years ago that had the same praise for the weather from a basement shelter door..... suppose it's genetic?
So, until next time....MOM

No comments: