The reason I love spring, living in the country and my wonderful husband....
I'm sorry, but this blog has the potential of becoming a bit sappy. It was so incredibly beautiful outside today that I just can't help feeling good and very lucky!
So, I get home from work....I go to the greenhouse..its a balmy 8o degrees, things are growing, the air smells of dirt and new growth! I walk over to the grill, peel off the cover and ready the big boy for a nice BBQ supper tonight (yeah, baby weiners and Brats).
Then, when I think it just cant get any better.....I hear the crunching of gravel, I see the Cat run and take cover under the shed.....yes, It's my big guy Kurtis arriving home in his big red pickup, stereo blaring (cause, of cource he has the windows down enjoying the weather) I believe the tune was a K.T. Oslin selection. I immediately exit the greenhouse, give hime the usual greeting (sorry, that's private) and he heads in the house. Oh, I forgot to mention he had in his possession another treasure he purchased from work (no need to explain here). He disappears in the house.
Out the door he comes, it's just amazing...he has transformed from daytime polished Gun salesman to everyday casual farmer. Ah yes, there he is the guy I married....my farmer. Now here is the neat part....He says to me....do you want to ride along, I need to go check my calves. Now how is that for romantic! So, we jump on the old mule and off we go..we make the rounds thru the pastures, little calves running for their lives as we circle them....it really is quite cute. There are black ones, white ones, chocolate ones and a brown.
Then, it was on to the other side of the road where the turkey live...so we drove down to the timber, sure enough there was about 30 turkey who immediately took off runing and flying as soon as they seen us. We then drove down around the pond..Kurtis shut the mule off and coasted down the big hill to the pond...we sat there and listened to the frogs sing..(must be the dose of the Dewey gene I have) the sun was going down and it was just plain beautiful!!! A pause to enjoy the beautiful countryside busy waking up for another season. We then toodled our way down to the other pond, around the corn fields and meandered our way back home...A nice fare of BBQ was the perfect ending to a nice day.
Now how could you top that evening....well, I just don't think I can, but tomorrow is another day...and I look forward to it. Hey, guess what?? I may get to go get my camper tomorrow..here is how it may work out
1.) If it doesn't rain tonight...Kurtis is planning on burning off George Kofron's property....
2.) If it does rain.....and they can't do the burn.....and it doesnt storm too bad, and if there isnt too much wind...or too much lightening...we may go get the camper!!!! So, do you think it will happen....we'll see. (Thompson and Sons called me today and wanted to know if we planned on picking it up so....I dont know what their problem is, after all I only bought it last November!!!)
So, untill next time......MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment