I know, I know, I know...I have been a very bad Blogger....
The problem is, that when I do an update, I think I have to do pictures and stuff and it can be very time consuming..especially if the uploads take forever, so I tend to not get to it until I think I have some free time, and that is a challenge in itself.
So, all has been well. I had a wonderful weekend in Des Moines at Jessica's baby shower. We had somewhere around 26 ladies there, lots of good food and all the cute baby stuff you could stand!! Jennifer did a fabulous job on the name tags and games, and I think everyone had a really nice time! Jessica is so lucky to have so many friends and relatives interested in bringing that little baby into the world! Rob's grandma made a beautiful quilt and is in the process of hand crocheting a outfit! I'm always a bit jealous of grandparents, as I never had that pleasure when I was a kid. I remember there was one kid in school (I wont mention any names) that I really dis-liked because every monday here she would come with all the neat "grandma" gifts to rub in my nose.....apparently I could be a snotty in my younger days too...haha!!
So, Sunday was just beautiful outside and I spent the day working around the yard and mowing. I got brave and started putting out things that I probably shouldn't have since we did get a frost last night. Mom came out with Lucy and we took a mule ride back to see the ponds. I think Lucy enjoyed the ride more than mom...I noticed her clutching for the dashboard periodically (kind of reminded me of when I used to drive with her on Interstate 80 when I was in high school), but we had fun. The bachelor britches are all in bloom in the timber.
Things are really in high gear in the greenhouse. The bulbs Marsha and I brought back from Chicago are up almost a foot or more now, Marsha even has a peony with buds on it already.
Well, it is finally warming up nicely outside, so think I will put my house work on hold again and go do some digging in the dirt!! Surely, there will be no more cold weather,,,right??
Until next time....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment