Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's certainly not for lack of news......well, at least what I consider to be news!!!

But it seems that I just don't get 10 minutes to sit down and update my blog. The other thing is that the weather has been so incredibly beautiful, the last thing I want to do is waste any time in front of a computer screen instead of being outside...with that said, sorry for the lack of updates!
It has been a very busy week!! Last sunday Kurtis spent most of the day assisting in burning off the George Kofron farm, it was quite a project and took through the day Monday to complete. It does already look much better, but has a long ways to go.
On top of burning weeds, working and trying to get ready to begin farm work (and still having baby calves) my husband has become "obsessed" with a new hobby......yes, Turkey hunting!! I woke the other morning, about 4:00 a.m. to what I can only explain as a "rather disturbing" sight. There at the foot of my bed was this image.....it was shaped like Kurtis, it moved like Kurtis, but something was well, just different. I blinked a couple of times to clear the sleep from my eyes and got another good look. I couldn't decide if I was just having a bad dream, or had somehow found myself on the set of the movie "Deliverence!!" Ok, so maybe I'm a bit naive, I didn't know Fruit of the Loom came in camouflage!!! and besides, how would a damn turkey know if you had on whitie-tighties!!! Anyway, there it was, my sweet loving Kurtie had "Morphed" into a camouflage clad killing machine!! It was down the stairs, out the door to the killing fields! Please check out the picture......the proof is evident!! And, I guess you cant argue with the results!
Thursday night was a very trying night for me. I have found that deep down in my genes reside the hauntings of the Lynch name. At about 8:30 we had a very bad storm, which actually resulted in a tornado touching down in Iowa City and destroying a large area of the town.....I know, I really do feel bad about that, but I was having my own battle right here at home. At approximately 8:40 p.m. I found myself standing at the back door, leaning outside and watching the hail mercilessly pounding my greenhouse. At one point I was shouting some very "colorful metafors" demanding it to stop.....it was then I almost choked and recalled the story of when Tim and Dennis Lynch were battoned down in their cellar, and while holding the door open with a stick began to curse the hell out of the weather too........do you see my concern!! The good news is the greenhouse survived. The bad news is that St. Pat's Catholic Church in Iowa City didn't.
So, now it's back outside to do some much needed yard work. Its about 78 degrees, lots of sunshine and everything is just popping! Until next time....MOM

No comments: