AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT......
So, Kurtis and I go to Maquoketa to the antique show just for something to do on a Sunday afternoon. I'm walking by one of the booths when I spot this large, round, interesting jar on one of the tables. I walk up to the lady in the booth and I inquire "Hmmm..that is an interesting jar you have there, what do you think it is?" Well, she says, pausing for a moment, my husband says it is for selling pickled eggs in a bar...see those little holes in there, that is what you sit the pickled eggs in. Ah, now isn't that clever. What's your best price on that today I ask. She hesitates a moment and looks the tag over which is clearly marked $58.00. I'll take $48.00.....I quickly come back with a $40.00 offer. "Oh, I don't know" she replies, "My husband isn't here today...but..but.."Oh OK" and a deal is born.
Now, what in the hell you may ask would you want with a big, ugly heavy jar that supposedly was used for pickled eggs..afterall, I don't even like pickled eggs and I never frequent bars!
So, here is the good part.....I'm sitting on the couch last night...I'm looking over my $40.00 treasure and I'm thinking.....ya know, that just doesn't look right for pickled eggs......no something just isnt right.....Why would there be a little shelf in there..picked eggs are supposed to be suspended in vinegar, not lying around on little shelves....so, its off to the internet I go. I just suspected that there was something scientific about the jar....and after some searching "Bingo" there it was big as life....I had bought a "Desiccator"....yup my very own Desiccator......I was so proud! Pickled eggs HA What a fool those people must of been!! No indeed, I have a Desiccator!
Oh, so I suppose you're wondering what a Desiccator is!!! I'll bet my nephew Adam knows!! A Desiccator is used in a lab to maintain a dry environment for "things" (I'm a little afraid to dive any deeper into what kind of things) but there is Silica Type granuals that go in the bottom, then the "things" are placed on the little shelf and the lid is put on top to seal in the dry environment. So there..are you not impressed!!
I'm just sad I didn't get the ladys name so I could call her and set her straight on her pickled egg jar!! I have been so excited to get some plant cuttings and suspend them over a water bath in it and start the rooting......till Kurtis calmly looks at the jar sitting on the coffee table and says "Yeah, knowing your luck it is tainted with some type of botolism and we'll both get sick and die" Talk about rain on my parade!!!!
Until next time....MOM
2 comments:
Da-doo,
I was walkin' in the wholesale flower district that day
Shoop da-doo,
and I passed by this place where this old Chinese man
Chang da-doo
he sometimes sells me weird and exotic cuttings,
Snip da-doo,
'cause he knows, you see, that strange plants are my hobby.
Da da da da da da-doo.
He didn't have anything unusual there that day.
Nope, da-doo,
so I was just about to, ya know, walk on by,
Good for you,
when suddenly,
Da doo
and without warning, there was this total eclipse of the sun.
It got very dark and there was this strange
sound like something from another world.
Da-doo,
And when the light came back this weird plant was just sitting there,
whoop-see-doo
just, you know, stuck in, among the zinnias.
Audrey Two.
I coulda sworn it hadn't been there before,
but the old Chinese man sold it to me anyways,
for a dollar ninety-five.
Sha la la, la la la, la la la loo.
LOL. That is by far the funniest comment ever left. I am just dying..that damn movie is the reason I can't go to the dentist to this day!!
Post a Comment