Saturday, February 25, 2006

Oh my, where do I start!!

To begin with, remember the little calf that its mother abandoned? Well, to be exact she didnt exactly abandon it, she just prefered to kick the crap out of it instead of letting it nurse. The good news is that it has a new home. A friend of ours took the calf and has lots of experience in raising bottle calves (they did 8 last year). She has a little boy and he has already named her "Sunshine"...so, happy ending to that story.
Now, the big news!!! Jessica and Rob are going to have a little girl! Kurtis and I traveled to Des Moines Friday morning for the Ultrasound. I cannot even begin to explain what a cool experience that was! I don't know where technology is going to go from here....but in this case it was phenomenol! I sometimes think young people these days are too impatient and want everything "Now". But, I think if I were young again (fat chance!) and this service was available, I would probably have a hard time holding back too.
After the ultrasound we went to the local "Babies are Us" and grandpa Young had to buy the first little pink outfit. Later we went to supper with Robs folks and celebrated the event. By the way, Friday was also Rob's birthday...so we had a lot to celebrate!
Shirley and Larry are fabulous people and just fun to be around. Although this is their second grandchild they are very excited.
Saturday we got up and Jennifer came over to the hotel with her wedding dress for show and tell. We tried it on her, and it looks like so far it should fit fine, with some minor alterations. Its very beautiful, and it wont be long until September. We then, all met for lunch at HuHots. The place was absolutely packed, but as usual I thought it was fabulous!
So now here I am, back home, pooped out and with alot to think about. Kurtis is back outside checking to see if he had any arrivals while he was gone.....this is going to be quite a busy spring with a grandbaby coming, baby calves and .......lots of seedlings!! Spring in Iowa...it's just beautiful! Until next time.....MOM
oh, and Jessica and Rob....thanks for sharing that wonderful experience with us...we are very grateful! MOM

No comments: