DONT READ ANY FURTHER!!!!
I'm going to warn you..if you don't want to h ear about my Valentines day.....quite reading now, just sign off and go do something else! If you are offended by "gooey girl stuff", I'm warning you.....go do a search on car engines, or Nascar or something else good and manly....because tonite its all for the girls!!!!!
Yep, It's Valentines Day, and I had a great one! It's so nice to be remembered today even if It is a commercialized gimmick for selling red balloons, candy and mass produced, genetically altered roses. Who gives a damn, as long as you get your fair share!!
Well, I didn't get the above, but I was very surprised by my clever Kurtis with his carefully thought out offering!
About two months ago Kurtis and I went to a Antique show in Anamosa. While there I spotted a wonderful 1920'ish piece of Van Briggle art pottery (Im sorry guys but if you havent gagged by now you're doin' good) Anyway, I immediately fell in love with it and walked over to the guy manning the booth and inquired as to the asking price. Well, so much for that thought, needless to say it was out of my budget. I showed the vase to Kurtis took a deep breath and said "Oh, well" and left.
Last night I came home from work and since Kurtis is working tonight until 9, we decided to go out for supper. He asked me if I would like my little present now (he has been telling me he had something for me out in his shed) So, I replied "Oh, ....... you didn't have to do that...but OK!" So he slips around the corner and places the much admired vase on the table and says "Happy Valentines day dear!!" Needless to say I was flabergasted (sp?) He had brought the guys phone number home from the show, went back to Anamosa sometime the next week, bought the vase and kept it out in his shed until last night. Now, all together.....AHHHHHHHHH, Isn't that SWEET!! He is just such a romantic!!!! (Steve, control yourself...I just know you didn't quit reading!!) So, I was very happy indeed, then he had a very beautiful card for me with the most beautiful verses you could imagine! Oh!! I bet you are wondering what I got Kurtis aren't you?? Well, I got him a very nice card in which I wrote some very nice and romantic things, and I have a nice Motel room booked in Des Moines on the 24th for us to share some quality time!!! The rest of the details are none of your damn business!!
As if that isn't enough of a wonderful day, I came home tonight to find my Orchid that Kurtis got for me 2 years ago for Valentines day had burst into bloom....To what do I credit that success????? One word "Greenhouse" I kept the orchid in the greenhouse all summer, then brought it inside, repotted it and Wha---la!!
So, you see I had a very nice day and hope you all did too. Happy Valentines day. Until next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment