Ok, Its time to move on......
I'm sure by now you are all tired of looking at my poor little Maggie, may she rest in peace. I guess I will never know what happened to her, but I have to admit I sure do miss her. I came home from town today and it had snowed about 4 more inches, it just didn't seem right that all of her little tracks hadn't messed the snow up when she comes running around the corner to greet me. I haven't decided what to do about another dog, one thing is for sure I'm not doing anything until spring anyway. I keep saying I wont get another Cogri....but I wont commit to that right now.
Today was my last official day as President of the Cedar County Historical Society. We held our annual meeting today and elected a new slate of officers......I am done!! Although I will still be involved in making sure the museum gets completed, at least I wont have to deal with the day to day hassles associated with being President. We had a small turn out at our meeting today as it was snowing quite heavily and that spooks off alot of the "walker crowd" I was so glad however that my ole buddy Verleen Herman and daughter Peggy was there.....I think Peggy asked me no less than 10 times where Kurtis was....I am beginning to think there must be some left over high school emtions stirring in her. I will have to be sure to mention this to Kurtis tonight. Verleen brought a cherry pie, she claimed she got all confused and thought it was the summer picnic...she claimed "Oh well, I guess if no one eats the damn thing, I'll just take it home" She then began to tell me that she needs the damn plumbers to come to her house and figure out what the f_____ing city has done to her water service. Funny, I don't remember Verleen having such a wide vocabulary as she did today....I think she managed to shock a couple of our older members. Try as I may, Verleen is a bit hard to shut down once she gets on a roll.
I dont have much more to report today, will try to get out and get some nice show pictures tomorrow.....the roads were pretty bad tonight, but all in all it was quite pretty.
Untill next time......MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment