I have the patient home.....
Well, it wasn't until about 4:00 or so, but I finally got Kurtis back home and in his favorite recliner. Things didn't go quite as simple as planned with his knee surgery. We checked in at 7:00 a.m. and the usual hospital procedures began. The only thing I guess I wasn't prepared for was the leg shaving episode.....I think it is a good look for Kurtis and I am going to promote doing the other leg.
It was off to the operating room at 9:00 as scheduled. The surgery took longer than expected, but he was out of recovery about 11 or so. Dr. Mysnyk came in about 3:00 and played the video of the surgery (we got our own souvenoir copy to take home, so feel free to call if you would like a viewing). It turns out most of what mother nature put in a knee to make it function well was removed today, lots of arthritis, torn cartlidge and most of the meniscus. Poor Kurtis, after all of this surgery, it may not help things too much...he probably should of had this done about 10 years ago. The other complication was that immediately following surgery his knee blew up like a balloon, so he couldn't go home until it came back down some.....well, it really hasn't. I suspect I will have to call in the morning and find out what to do......other than take more Tylenol with Codeine.
So, until tommorrow, I will go get another ice bag for the patient MOM
1 comment:
Poor Kurtis! I hope he is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment