Happy Holidays from the farm...
It is getting closer and closer to the big day, and I am all caught up on everything, my shopping is done, the house is clean....and I am a big fat liar!!
Oh well, what would Christmas be without panic, anxiety, depression and temper tantrums....I suppose it would be like a page out of the Clever's Christmas album.......nothing but lies!
We enjoyed our visit with Boyd very much. He and his hunting party managed to get 22 deer total! Boyd shot a 8 pt buck and took the rack back to Hilo with him. I can't get over how someone from a tropical paradise can have such fun in Iowa in sub zero temperatures....but he does, and that is great! We have a standing invitation to come visit him and Ann in Hilo, they are just completing a new home on 6 acres and he has planted over 100 fruit trees already. I think we may take him up on the offer sometime, just not sure when.
Kurtis returned to work on Thursday at Scheels. He started the day by going back to the doctor about his knee, had 90 cc of fluid drained and then settled in to sell about 6 guns by noon or so. His knee started swelling again so he had to head home about 3.
I had my follow up visit with Dr. Pelsang on Thursday also. You know the crap I said about never having the cortisone shots again....that nothing could hurt as much as they did.....well, I was wrong!! I'm not going into the details, but there is something that hurts more....Its getting a injection into the ball of your foot behind your heel....I suppose I should apologize, as I know I did let out a couple of F-Bombs when he started in. I'll tell you what, that would make the pope himself let out a couple of F-Bombs!!! So now I have a compression cast on the left foot, I walk like I have a cob up my posterior and feel even more old! So much for that, but I can assure you now, even more than before...Im not doing that again!! The next step is either surgery or just living with the damn things.
So, now this weekend I hope to finish my shopping and get ready for Christmas..It seems hard to believe it is only a few days away, but as usual it will come and go. Before we know it we will be getting our W2's in the mail and its off to the tax man.......Sweet!
until next time......MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment