Sunday, December 11, 2005

First day of Christmas shopping.......complete.

We just got home from the first official day of attempting Christmas shopping......how did it go you ask?? Well, you might say it was just a bit short. I tried to be very "politically correct" when Kurtis mentioned he would go along, that he needed to "exercise" his leg....I tried to not hurt his delicate little feelings and say something crude like "Are you kidding me?". But, no I didn't, I just looked at him with his crutches and said, Oh, OK, are you sure? Well, I think he lasted about 13.5 minutes in Target when my cell phone went off and it was Kurtis calling from the car. Oh, that's OK dear, just take your time, I will wait out here until you're done. Um huh, you know how that goes. So, my back up plan is to take off on my own Wednesday in a whirl-wind shopping spree and try to wrap things up. By the way, just a little side note, but do you know just how frightening it is to see Kurtis gimping along on crutches........if you get my drift (Richard Richard Richard!)
Anyway, it is sure looking and sounding like Christmas out, and I actually do have some Christmas spirit, just no time. I don't know why I always panic like this, somehow Christmas always manages to come and go rather or not I am ready.
We have our company from Hili Hawaii here, and he is enjoying his hunting expeditions....they got 11 deer yesterday, 9 bucks and 2 does. I think there is a total of 13 in their hunting group, and still have tags for another 12 to shoot yet. I have to give Boyd credit, he leaves a 73 degree tropical climate to come here and walk thru 8 inches of snow, cold winds and snow.....hmmm maybe it isn't credit I should give him...but perhaps a good mental evaluation instead.
Well, Kurtis just told me we have more company coming in about a half hour so better sign off her and go get supper.
until next time MOM

No comments: