The sights and sounds of winter have arrived....
It seems like we were just enjoying 40's and 50's and now it is a struggle to get to 10 or 15 degrees....oh well we knew it was coming, it is not as though it doesn't happen every year. If you can get past the cold, it really is beautiful out. I took a walk yesterday and took some pictures, it's amazing how quiet it is out in the surrounding pastures except for an occasional crow or pheasant cackling.
Spending the rest of today getting ready for Kurtis's big day in surgery. I think he is well ready to have things taken care of...now the question is "Can I take care of him"? I have warned him that I am capable of pretty good care, if it isn't abused...if you know what I mean. Im sure things will go well, it certainly can't be any worse that what he has done that past couple of months.
Tomorros Boyd comes from Hilo Hawaii. Can you image the culture shock that has to be? I would think going from a beautiful tropical environment and plunging into Iowa's sharp winter would be more than most could tolerate, but he seems to love it. We always look forward to seeing Boyd he is a great guy and certainly enjoys his Deer hunting.
Well, I had best get to my list of "to-do's, so untill next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment