Well, I been thinking all day.....
about what to do about my blog needing updating. I had a very un-exciting weekend, so no real good subjects there. I havent been out taking pictures, so no clever or cute things there.....hmmm so what do I do.
Well, I guess you are stuck hearing about my weekend..with no pictures!! HAHA.
This weekend was dedicated to trying to finish up some last minute outside chores before winter sets in...but it really didnt happen. Instead, I decided that I want to re-do the foyer coming into the house. I decided to re-paint and carpet the stairs, so I went to Lowes and got the paint and things I need to start in........except I never got around to starting. How typical is that? In my defense, it really wasnt my fault. I had Saturday all set aside to begin....um huh that was the plan. But, instead I mowed father Benda's yard, fixed lunch for the farming crew (that is another whole story) and did wash. Kurtis had a very bad day Saturday, at least for the most part. To begin with he did get his corn all picked, but in the process Chuck managed to roll over one of his wagons, dumping 250 bushels of corn on the ground. It totally destroyed the wagon. He also managed to break the acelerator on Kurtis truck. By 6 p.m. Kurtis was in the house with his hands around a full glass of Jose Cuervo Margarita! I think I witnessed what a person calls the "final straw!!" So, we got in the car and headed to Nichols.....yep, straight to the Catfish house! You wont believe what we found!!! The Catfish house is now under new management, and things have gone to the dogs.....we knew something was up when we walked in the door on a Saturday night and there weren't at least 50 grossly overweight, moderately handi-capped elderly people fighting their way though the buffet line reaching for the last catfish!!! Nope, I think there were only 2-3 other couples. Kurtis and I almost cried....after a long day of nothing but things going wrong, then only to find that Nichols has fallen too. As a old friend of mine used to say, "Oey Veh!!!" (She was from Brazil and I believe the translation was "Holy Shit!"
Sunday did manage to redeem itself, things were alot more quiet and Kurtis managed to rest up his knee, after abusing it all day Sunday. I still haven't gotten to my foyer project, but I've got big hope for this week.
Today we had out first snowfall of the year. It started snowing about 3:00 and the flakes were as big as quarters. I didnt think it was sticking but on the way home from work, you could see it on the roof-tops and in the grass. I guess it is mid November so we shouldnt be shocked....but I would just as soon have some more 65 degree days.
Until next time..............MOM
2 comments:
We are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, with accumulation! I dont beleive it though. Just cant wait to see the weather people outside waiting for the first flakes. ;)
I am looking outside right now, and there are HUGE fat rainy flakes falling. By the time they splatter on the ground they are gone. I am SO not ready for the first snow.
Post a Comment