Stage one greenhouse experimentation, complete.
The first experiment to determine what happens in Sharon's greenhouse when the temperatures drop to 18 degrees with 30 mile per hour winds has been completed......Things freeze.......solid. I just came in from checking on the specimens that I left out there to see how they fared and they are, without doubt, frozen solid. Yep even the water being used to root some passion vine.....solid as a rock. Now, you may ask yourself "What did you expect??" well, I don't rightly know..but I can assure you what is still out there is a gone-er!! But never fear, everything I have in the house under lights is doing well so far. More on that at a later date.
For as myself and this sudden change of environment, I can report heel spurs take the cold weather rather personally.....they hurt like hell!! Enough of that subject....I'm beginning to bore even myself with the whining about them.....besides my appointment with Dr. Pelsang will be the next highlight I'll share. Im looking forward to bragging about how brave I was when the 14 inch needle comes out and just catches the light dancing off the sharp point!! Brave???? Piss on that....give me some mood altering drugs!!!! Now thats brave!!
I have to tell what I think is possibly the sadest story I have ever heard. This is a Kurtis story, so here we go. Back in August Scheels announced a promotion that will run through the months of Sept and Oct (black powder muzzleloader deer season) on the sale of Knight Muzzleloader shotguns. To make a long story short (well, I'll try) when Kurtis reported to work yesterday, he was greeted by the Store manager, his manager and several guys from the department. After everyone shook his hand, patted him on the back and congratulated him.....he dutifully looked up and said "What did I do?" Well, you have won the contest, you out-sold all the other salesmen in the 22 Scheels locations and won the Governors Deer hunt..an all expenses paid 4 day trip and a free gun. Now, here is the sad part. The trip leaves the same week Kurtis is scheduled for knee surgery.....now hows that for a sucky turn of events. He has decided to give the trip to another fella that works in his department. I feel so sorry for him, but he is taking it quite well. I am however, very proud of my Kurtis...He really pulled off an amazing feat considering he is the new kid on the block, and beat out all the other old-timers.
The last thing I want to discuss is Thanksgiving.....for all of you who are reading this you are invited to come to Thanksgiving at Father Benda's log home. I was having it at my place, but decided it would be nice to have enough room that everyone can sit together and have room to spread out. We have Turkey and ham and all the trimmings on the menu. Planning on eating sometime about noon. Hope you can all make it.
Well, untill next time......MOM
1 comment:
Aww! Poor Kurtis! Hopefully he still at least gets to keep the gun!
Post a Comment