Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The final preparations are in the making......

Approximately 36 hours until official Turkey unveiling.....and the stress is beginning to take shape. I just finished my fourth trip to the grocery store to get the last minutes items......I think I am done this time. I just can't seem to get that image of the sacramental turkey cutting moment with Clark Griswald out of my mind. Just a puff of dry air and ole snotz under the table chomping on a chicken bone!! Well, I think Kurtis has a good track record with his fixing of the Turkey, so I guess I won't worry anymore.....we did however purchase a whomping 24 lb bird, looks like a early morning for the prep work to have things on the table for noon. Im sure it will all work out.
On the menu at this time is Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, Stuffing, corn, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, Ham....desserts pies, pumpkin pie cake, pumpkin bars (do you see a theme here?) So, if nothing else there will be plenty for everyone to sit around and moan and groan about eating too much.....yep the essence of a good Thanksgiving dinner.
So everyone have a nice Thanksgiving and if you are traveling, drive safely.
Now, I promised I wasn't going to discuss my feet anymore.....but I just thought I would let all know that so far the cortizone, prednisone and anti-inflamatories are working pretty well..I think I will be in good shape for the cooking marathon on Thursday. Now, isn't that good news.
Untill next time....MOM

No comments: