Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005 ......Success!!

Well, at post Thanksgiving 17 hours, I will call the event a success. We fed about 28 people and all walked away feeling like we had been stuffed instead of the turkey. I guess that is the tradition I was striving for....and as sick as it sounds now, I really could go for more stuffing and gravy for supper tonite.
We had plenty of good food and even some un-expected entertainment when a friend of Father Benda's showed up to go hunting out around the pond, so we all stood with our noses stuck against the window waiting for the big kill...although 2-3 pheasants were flushed up, they managed to out-fox the dog and the bullets and fly off to safety...Score: Hunter -0 Pheasants-1.
I'm kind of poo-ed out today, probably because of the effects of all the sugar content I injested yesterday...It will no doubt take a couple of days to bring the ole blood sugar back down to near normal. I have to go to Des Moines tomorrow to attend Shirley and Larrys 40th wedding anniversary party, so no doubt there will be cake there to help keep the levels high a couple of more days...., the Christmas, etc etc.......oh my! Guess it is that time of the year!
I have posted a couple of pictures of yesterdays activities and for now that is about all the news I have..Until next time....MOM
(Thanks Tom and Jennifer for staying late and helping with the clean up....it really did help out!!)

No comments: