THINK POSITIVE THINK POSITIVE THINK POSITIVE
Okay, I'm going to try my best to have a very positive blog today despite a couple of "tough" days.
Well, here goes..I made it to my foot doctor appointment yesterday, even after a strong urge to cancel it. The good news is I do finally know what is causing my problems, but maybe I was better off now knowing. It goes something like this....So, Ms Lynch what seems to be your problem. I tried to give him the short version, but may have rambled on just a little. I think he was mildly impressed when I said I'v had this problem on and off for about 20 years..you can't accuse me of running to the doctor for every little pain can you?
By the way, I knew I was going to be in good hands when he noticed on my admittance form (you know the one that scares the be-jesus out of mom when she has to fill them out), he noticed that I put on there that I was referred to him by Aaron Lynch. He was just thrilled to talk about Aaron and went on to say he really enjoys the Lynch family....ok so now I feel I have broken the ice and I can pursue this chronic problem with him in comfort.
So, back to the diagnosis. After a good looking at my feet (yes, I took a good shower, trimmed the little dogs and made sure there was no lurking lint in between my little piggy) it was off for a good set of x-rays. I sat with great anticipation in the waiting room and couldn't help but feel this was a big turning point in my life. I was one of the few there that was not walking with the assistance of a walker or cane and didn't have their feet wrapped up in gauze (well, at least not yet)
So, back to the xrays. Finally, Dr. Pelsang returns....he shuts the door to the office and says to me "Do you mind if I call my assiciates in with us when we review your xrays??" Well, I choked, I guess not? (I'm thinking to myself, Oh my god what did I do now?) I wait another couple of minutes and in comes another gentlemen, then another and another and then a young lady. At this point Dr Pelsang shuts the door again (now Im really getting nerveous) and prompty hangs my xrays on the bright little viewer. Without missing a breath, all of them gasp at the same moment and mutter the following "Oh, my gosh thats unbelievable!!" "Oh my!" Now, at this point I'm figuring I either have cancer or my feet are about to explode or something horrible!!!!! Finally, Dr. Pelsang explains to me that in the 20 years he has been in practice he has never seen such heel spurs and bone spurs on a set of feet such as I have......oh how embarassing. He tells me I have a very chronic case and he may not be able to fix my mess. Well, so much for sugarcoating the situation.......so now give me the bad news!!
Finally all the crowd disapates and it leaves Dr. Pelsang and myself alone again....we discuss a course of action with this situation which includes some heavy duty oral drugs and a regime of injections starting in two weeks. If this doesnt help, surgery is the last ditch effort. I cant be too mad because the whole problem is mostly because I have ignored the situation for too long, but we'll just have to see how it goes.
The last thing he said to me before he left was "Oh gosh, I tell you I just love you Lynch's you really give me a challenge!!!" I think I will take that as a compliment.
Until next time.....MOM
1 comment:
I hope everything turns out OK. Aaron has not been to see ol Dr. Pelsang lately, next time you see him tell him hey from Aaron. Hope the medication is working to at least make you feel better. Would hate to hear you have to start crawling down the stairs backwards like your brother Dale once did. :)
Post a Comment