Thursday, September 01, 2005

Here is to happy thoughts!!!!

I don't mind telling you, I had one just plain crappy day today...The morning was fine, but the rest of the day went in the toilet!! But, I am going to do the right thing here and just not whine or talk to you about it!! Now, how's that for a break!!

And, just for the record, I did take the time this evening and watch about 20 minutes of the coverage on the destruction that continues to un-fold down in Louisiana. But, I'm sorry, I'm not going to talk about that either. Yes, I do feel very very sorry for those folks, although I do have a problem with people that choose to shoot guns at volunteers that are risking their lives to save them, but again, I am not going to discuss that. If you watch the news at all, you have probably about overdosed on the coverage anyway..so I will spare you with my possibly narrow minded opinion.

I would like instead to try to salvage what is left of the day and be thankful that I happen to live in what my father used to refer to as "the best place in the world", and you know what? He was absolutely right!! So, I have uploaded some more nice, calm, non-controversial...photos of the heart of America and the people that make this country great, having a good time playing with their toys. These are the kind of folks I like to be around, I like their way of life or at least the way of life they are honoring during this show. I'm glad I grew up in the environment I did, and am proud of it, and I think I am a better person for it.

As for you three or four people that really tried to F___ up my day today, you almost succeeded, but failed miserably!! After reflecting back on the days events....I am now sitting back and saying.....WHO CARES!!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!! I picked peaches this evening and gave most of them away. Just kept enough to make a batch or so of peach jam....will taste good about January or so. Great thing for a diabetic!! Until next time......MOM

1 comment:

Mrs Weidner said...

You know they are going to cut your feet off right???