Monday, September 26, 2005

OK, I know, you're anxiously waiting....Here it is.....

The next chapter in the exciting day to day life of Sharon Voparil..I keep waiting for Shawn Hannity or Bill O'Reilly to call but..........
Well, this was what I would call a very nice but busy weekend....Oops wait....I suppose I should give a foot update first...yes, happy to report I have already had some much needed improvement. I think enough improvement that I will try to convince Dr. Pelsang to hold back on the needle thing for awhile....suppose he will listen to me? Dont want to think about it for now, so more on that later.....much later.
So, Friday night Kurtis and I went to the Coralville Reservoir for a cook-out with friends of ours from Iowa City. We have decided that our next cook out will feature a full fledged Lodge Cookware -Cook-off. We have all become Johnny Nix fans and are decided to give it a go. When in Illinois this fall Kurtis and I purchased a whole line of Lodge Cast Iron cookware, so we feel we may already have the edge. I do have the first official Johnny Nix cookbook on order too, so need I say more. Ready, set, everyone to their pits!! If you still do not know who Johnny Nix is, shame on you, I have covered this subject once before so refer back a few chapters.
Then, Saturday was spent dedicating my entire day to domestic duties.....suck-o. I didnt get as many duties done as I wanted either, so I did the only admirable thing...I called my sister and met her and Mom at HuHot in Coralville for supper. We were going to go have a fine ice cream cone at the creamery next door, but the line was all the way out the door, so we had to pass.
Sunday was the Cedarland Harvest Festival at Tipton. As usual, the displays were nice, but no one there to enjoy them. I was required to participate in the celebrity milking contest......yes, that is what I said "Celebrity Milking Contest". As President of the Cedar County Historical Society I was lined up against Jeff Kaufmann, State legislature, Greg Allen WMT radio personality and Andy Petersen WMT radio personality. I am really ashamed, but they all beat me. But, they had holsteins and I had a guernsey!!!! Kurtis tried to tell me when picking the cow to take a holstein as they give more milk and a higher butter fat,,,,,but did I listen?? NO, and it showed in the milk bottle when the whisltle blew. I didnt do bad, though really, I came in third....just didnt make it to the final milk off! The whole thing was udderly rediculous (get it, udderly?? haha) So then it was off to the spelling Bee. Kids are so smart these days. I have always thought I was a pretty good speller, but some of the stuff they spelled was pretty challenging for 5th through 8th graders.
So, that was my weekend. Hope you had a great one too. Now, its off to make a Pina Colata cake to take to the flower club meeting tomorrow. I think I'll throw an extra bottle of pina colata in ......they may not know a rose from a thistle by the time they go home!!
Until next time.....MOM

No comments: