I dedicate my Blog today to marriage.....
Today I am going to dedicate my blog to the subject of marriage. I know there are some people out there reading my blog that may wonder why I would do this, but you have to remember I started this thing as a communication tool for my two daughters, so this subject is what you might call some advice from MOM to them....the rest of you will just have to suffer through.
Friday September 16th, was Kurtis and my 5th wedding anniversary, and this year I actually remembered! Friday morning I woke up and immediately whispered "Happy Anniversary" to Kurtis.....He suddenly looked like a deer in headlights realizing that he again forgot, but I didnt! I really enjoyed finally having one on him!
Kurtis had to work until 6 Friday night, but then Fa Benda demanded that he be able to take us out for supper to celebrate our special day. We went to the Tipton Country Club and had a few drinks and a wonderful meal. Kurtis presented me with a dozen beautiful long stem roses..which immediately gave him full credit towards forgetting the anniversary in the first place...aren't I so forgiving?
Now, for my two little girls, I want to leave some parting advice that I think helps make a marriage everything that it should be.. by the way, these qualities apply to my second marriage....I completely blew it on my first (ha)
1. Make sure the man you marry can be your best friend first, someone you can tell your most private secrets and shares your wants and dreams
2. Keep life light!! Sometimes I tend to be a bit, well....grumpy! It pays to have a person that offsets your weakness's and knows how to charm you back to reality.
3. Laugh, Laugh, Laugh...the man you choose should make you laugh at least once or twice a day!! In my case Kurtis makes me laugh and giggle many times a day. Let's see you try to keep a straight face when he stomps around the living room singing the Romper room jingle! (Jessica you will know what I mean)
4. Make sure you have share hobbies and have leisure time activities in common you like to do together. Except for the gun thing (which I tolerate quite well dont you think) Kurtis and I really enjoy alot of the same things.
5. NEVER SAY SOMETHING YOU CANT TAKE BACK! My last bit of advice is to never say something to your fella that you cant take back! Some of the deepest wounds are caused by words that are said in the heat of an argument. Remember he is suppose to be your best friend, and he deserves to be treated as such.
Ok, Im done.....and now, to Kurtis...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
until next time...MOM
1 comment:
Your first marriage was.. well, practice. Now you know what to do & not to do, you got it right!! I am just lucky enough my first marriage will be my last. Thank god. LOL.
Post a Comment