Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's a nice cool calm evening and all is quiet....

What a beautiful evening..I have my window open here and a gentle cool breeze with the smell of a rain shower is coming in. We had a thunderstorm this evening complete with lightning and thunder. Seems a long time since the last one. I was just getting home from Iowa City when it started. When I got out of the car Maggie came running up to me trembling from nose to tail, so I let her come in the kitchen while it stormed. I dont know why she has decided to be so scared of thunder, but it was kind of nice having someone to talk to while I cleaned up. Now, tell me is that not only pathetic, but very reminiscent of my mother!! See what you are doing to me Kurtis and that damn job!!
I had round three today with Dr. Kampfe and this damn tooth. Hopefully this is the last visit to him and the last root canal for awhile.....ha! fat chance! When I jumped out of the chair (you know, that near orgasmic feeling you have when they take that little paper bib off and you know they are finally done with the torture!!) I informed them both, "No offense, but I hope I never see the two of you again!" No doubt, they have heard that line before. So now, here I sit with a sore jaw and another $500.00 in debt. Oh, but wait that's not all!! Tell em what else she has won Johnny! Yes, another crown and another set of payments to Barb Smith DDS! Oh, could I ever use one of those $2000.00 debit cards they are throwing around down south for the hurricane victims!! Please, just one????
Until next time.....MOM

1 comment:

Mrs Weidner said...

I think the fact that Maggie witnessed a tornado only feet from her, probably has something to do with hating thunder & lightening. Poor little dog.