Thursday, May 04, 2006

Time for the much awaited blog update.....

I have been so re-miss regarding my blog update duty.....and I'm afraid It may not get much better for awhile...you see I have been a very bad girl!! Its spring, the evenings are so beautiful and I'm just plain buried over my head with planting all the mass quantities of plants I have purchased! As usual.....way carried away!! I did a little quick calculating last night and figure I have approximately 240 holes to dig!!!! Thats more than any damn gopher would tackle!!!
Yesterday was supposed to be a VERY big day in my life....I was supposed to get my new patio and sidewalks poured! Yes, folks, that is a big deal to me! But, no..it threatened rain in the morning so my man said he can't pour cement in the rain.......yes, I understand, but by 10 it was clear as a bell and a nice day. I guess that's the way it goes in Iowa.
I spent most of the day attempting to get some things planted, but Kurtis tells me there is a forecast for possible frost Saturday morning again, so I'll hold back the more tender stuff...as if I would of gotten it all done anyway.
Kurtis and I took some time yesterday and went mushroom hunting...and with great success! We found several large batch's and have gone from mushroom poor to mushroom rich. I also have a slight belly ache today which I contribute to feasting on my first big helping! As with everything else, I over ate on them!
I also managed to go over to Father Benda's and take some pictures for him of his pond, he has some friends he wants to send pictures to and asked me if I would take some.....because I'm such a nice person, of course, I did. His pond really is spectacular! It has so much wildlife living there already, the frogs are deafening and the geese are so cute.
Well, not much more here, kind of tired and ready to head off to bed....I believe Kurtis is already there..I can tell by the sudden quietness downstairs and tell-tale flushing of the toilet......I'm sorry that is probably more than you cared to know.
Until next time.......MOM

No comments: