It's 11:00 p.m. and I can't sleep...
I'm having one of those evenings when I can't seem to shut off the thought process and go to sleep so I'm doing the next best thing....1.) I paid my bills (that just may lead to nightmares! and 2) I decided to update my much neglected blog.
Life around here has been in a bit of turmoil. Since returning from Des Moines last weekend from our great camping trip...things have deteriorated. Dorothy Voparil passed away on Saturday, May 27th at 1:30 in the afternoon. The whole situation seems kind of surreal. We all suspected Richard to continue to have health problems and that we would be dealing with his situation in the near future, but Dorothy since receiving the news that she had 3 months to live, took an immediate dive and only made about one month, advanced melanoma is a wicked and quick acting cancer and it proved its power with Dorothy. I took lunch over on Saturday for Kurtis sisters and the hospice volunteer about 11:30 and she passed away two hours later. The good news is that with this cancer which is very painful at least she did not have to suffer long. Kurtis and his sisters made the final arrangements today with Brosh Funeral home in Solon. Her visitation is from 5-8 Tuesday afternoon and a funeral at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
So far Kurtis has coped with the situation quite well, but the next hurdle will be trying to figure out the best course of action for Richard who at this time is determined to stay home. Not a good decision, but I guess you resolve one problem at a time.
For a bright spot..I have been trying to keep busy with my planting despite the horrific hot weather!! Where the heck did spring go?? Last week I needed a sweatshirt when we were camping, now I can't stand being outside for a extended amount of time for the heat! Iowa definately has a mind of its own. I waited till almost dark tonight to get some more things in the ground, but then it was a survival battle with the mosquitos! I can't win!
Hopefully my next blog will be a little more light-hearted....AFter all we are all holding our breath waiting for the arrival of little Ellie also, we definately need a bright happy occasion around here......just hold on a few more days Jess!!
until next time....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment