Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's Sunday and the week is officially almost over!!!

...and not a moment too soon to suit me!! I don't mean to be crude, but the picture below is exactly how I feel about last week. If it could go wrong, it did. Not only that, but I turned 50 years old!! (I guess I mentioned that in an earlier blog, but I am still stinging from the reality)
I really don't know why, but Splash decided to give up the fight and I had to have her put down Thursday evening. I know it is silly, but I am really heart-broken over the situation. I guess I just feel bad that I don't know what went wrong and that I couldn't do anything about it. She was one of the nicest horses I have even owned, there just wasn't one thing she wouldn't do and she took it all in stride. So, just that quick I am totally out of the horse business...and at this point I don't care.
So, so much for the doom and gloom.....The weather lately has just been spectacular!! I took a walk out in the fields yesterday and took pictures of the beautiful fall scenes and will post some of them soon. The leaves this year, I think, were as pretty as I have seen for a long time.
I spent all day yesterday in the greenhouse getting ready for winter. Because I cant stand the thought of everything I have in there dying with the impending cold weather coming, I made a trip to Dyersville (yes, my favorite hotspot "FarmTek") and bought a set (well, actually two sets) of grow lights to bring things indoors. Since I no longer have a husband at my becon call, I spent the afternoon putting them together and set up in the house. All my little cuttings look so happy under the bright lights.......well at least for now. I also re-potted my orchids which was a first for me....they are so strange, and will probably up and croak now.
Well, I have a roast that I need to put in the oven for lunch since Kurtis is actually home and out in the combine picking corn, so I will sign off for now.
Until next time......MOM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a great life if you don't weaken!!