Saturday, October 15, 2005

The dog days of autumn in IOWA.....

I just don't think there is anything more beautiful than the clear sunshine on a autumn day in Iowa. Today was one of these days, highs in the mid 70's and lots of sun.

I started out the day by heading down to the quad cities and taking a look at my camper that arrived on the lot on Thursday. I have to admit, it looks really nice. It has to be serviced, all the equipment tested and cleaned up, then I can take it home (after I sign my life away) I just have to convince Kurtis now to bring it home here to store instead of leaving it at the dealers over the winter. I think it would be nice to have a nice cup of hot apple cider in by the fireplace before putting it away, don't you think? Hmmm me too.
Then if was on with many chores here at home, it was just so beautiful today. I don't know how you could live anywhere else. I have posted a couple of pictures I snapped today that I think show just how nice it was. I'm feeling very bad for my poor brother Wayne lying in the hospital bed at the UofI hospital. I hope they figure out his problem soon so he can get back home. ( He was admitted Friday due to swelling and infection in his leg that is kind of a mystery at this point.)
Well, I smell my meatloaf in the oven and it smells done to me, so I had better go get it before it burns..Kurtis is due home from work soon, so he should enjoy a big piece. Lets see, Meatloaf, greenbeans and apple pie....is this guy lucky or what??? I won't mention what else he is very lucky with, I'll just let your imagination wander.....haha
Until next time.....MOM

No comments: